Equality and Casting Assistant
Flagstaff Shakespeare Festival, affectionately known as FlagShakes, is located in Flagstaff, Arizona, and is northern Arizona’s only professional theatre company. In 2020, FlagShakes expanded from producing staged plays to also producing theatrical films and events in order to continue to bring artistic opportunities and experiences to our community and beyond.
As we embark on our 7th season, FlagShakes seeks an Equality and Casting Assistant to work with our staff and incoming directors to cast productions; to increase outreach to local communities, schools, and individuals; and to be a sounding board for our artistic staff.
- Create and post casting notices online
- Attend auditions and cast FlagShakes’ upcoming productions and special events with the FlagShakes Artistic Staff and visiting directors to ensure equality in casting
- Collect and organize digital audition submissions
- Increase outreach to underrepresented communities in Arizona to increase audience and artist engagement
- Increase outreach to universities and colleges in the northern Arizona/Southwest region to recruit students and recent graduates
- Attend performances of local theatre companies in order to draw in new, local talent
- Be a liason for FlagShakes Staff, Board, and Independent Contractors (actors, SMs, directors, etc…) for any concerns regarding the non-discrimination policy
- This position is ideal for individuals who are located in the Flagstaff/Phoenix area
- Experience in Intimacy Direction and Mental Health First Aid are a plus but are not requirements
- FlagShakes will pay for and compensate for training related to this position or the above certificates
- This role is part-time (as are all of the FlagShakes staff positions), and is 1099. Compensation for this role is $20/hour for up to 20 hours/production. Currently, there are three productions, plus a few one/two-day events, planned for the 2021 Season
FlagShakes is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is actively seeking BIPOC candidates, LGBTQ+ candidates, and candidates of all ethnicities, ages, and abilities.
To apply: Please complete this Google form application by Monday, March 1, 2021, found below.